Learn the skills to get Democrats elected in Colorado and earn preferred status for Legislative Aide positions at the Colorado State Capitol
The Colorado House Majority Project is the campaign committee for the Colorado State House Democratic caucus. HMP works towards securing a Democratic majority in the Colorado State House of Representatives.
HMP is accepting resumes for internships to learn the skills necessary to run competitive state house races and win in Colorado. Ideal candidates are experienced Democratic organizers looking to sharpen skills, or novice progressives who want to learn the strategies and tactics that bring Democrats to victory.
The HMP training is a selective three-to-five month training and campaign immersion program which gives interns the tools to succeed in Colorado electoral politics. Interns will have the opportunity to be highly considered for legislative aide positions in the 2017 session as well as for future campaign positions.
A successful intern will learn how to be responsible for each essential component of a winning state legislative campaign. Responsibilities and trainings include:
- Developing and running a campaign plan
- Achieving fundraising goals
- Maintaining candidate schedule, running call time, setting up fundraising events, and assisting in fundraising mailings
- Implementing full-scale field operations; including planning candidate and volunteer door knocks, phone contact program, and GOTV
- Drafting and issuing press releases and working with local press
- Coordinating paid communications
- Working with the House Majority Project and Democratic leadership
A successful applicant will have a minimum of one cycle of campaign or volunteer experience, a car, VAN experience, and knowledge of field and fundraising.
Email (1) resume & (2) references to:
Internship is exclusive and volunteer. No calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.